:: Our Story ::

We try not to take life too seriously & are entertained by the little things, like treating our dog, Minnow, like a baby, laughing at our silly, sweet babies, basement foosball tournaments, and dance parties in the car. We are madly in love with each other and the wee family we are building. Come & stay awhile. xo

{ photography :: www.melissapagephotoart.com }

Wednesday, February 16, 2011



Day 3.  Who is someone you know who inspires beauty?

I am so lucky to be surrounded by so many amazing women in my life, women who make me want to be the best mother, wife, and friend I can be.

One of these women is Shawna.

I met Shawna a very long time ago at the bible study I attended.  This bible study included a bunch of girls from my high school, our super cool older guy friends (who we all secretly had revolving crushes on) and a bunch of random people who joined along the way.  We met faithfully once a week to pray, laugh and mingle around the kitchen island.  And then usually spent most of the weekend together too.  It was our crew -  full of fun and innocence and teenage emotion.

One day, this whirlwind strutted in, smelling like coconut lotion and exuding confidence.  Within weeks, she was dating a boy I have been 'secretly' in love with for a year.  I was heartbroken. 

But over the blonde last few years especially, I have come to know her more and more; she has become a dear friend.  Without her knowing it, she encourages me to strive towards becoming a Proverbs 31 woman - a woman who works hard for her family, to provide for them and meet their needs, to work diligently both inside and outside the home, to be a faithful steward of our finances, and to make our house a true home.  Through her transparency, she inspires me to live my best life.

She tells a wicked joke, laughs loud & often, and always looks stylish (usually for less than $10!).  She's in constant motion and, if you can pin her down for a phone call, she will keep you laughing for a least an hour.  Her frequent texts make me smile.

Shawna, I am honored to do life with you.

All the love in the universe.
-m

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...