:: Our Story ::

We try not to take life too seriously & are entertained by the little things, like treating our dog, Minnow, like a baby, laughing at our silly, sweet babies, basement foosball tournaments, and dance parties in the car. We are madly in love with each other and the wee family we are building. Come & stay awhile. xo

{ photography :: www.melissapagephotoart.com }

Monday, February 7, 2011


Day 2 :: What makes you uniquely you?
Hmmm, this one definitely made me think.  And, admittedly, stumped me for a few minutes.  Its almost like that awkward interview question, when they ask you what your strengths are and you stumble through an answer.

I am a complete tomboy and enjoy everything from watching hockey games to digging in mud (while dodging any type of insect) to wrestling with my younger brothers.  Yes, still.  But, at the same time, I am a complete girly girl and adore dresses, manicures and gigantic headbands.

I obsess about health foods but will still eat chocolate for breakfast.  And lunch.

I wrote love letters to my future husband for most of my teen years and prayed for him almost nightly.  I was terrified of falling in love with the wrong boy and having my heart broken.  I knew my Prince Charming was out there.

I am resilient.

I have a wicked sense of humor that is often dry, usually loud and almost always self-depreciating.  I have learned laughter makes basically every situation easier and more bearable.

I rescue earthworms.  Slightly embarrassing to admit, but they get trapped near our front door and I feel bad for them.  Each morning I scoop them up with my keys, careful not to touch them, and then fling them back into the garden.  Just call me Mother Teresa.

I am clumsy.

I adore my brothers.  More than the general familial love between siblings.  I really ADORE them and think the world of all three of them.  I am fiercely protective of them, even though they are all a foot taller than me.

I have plucked my eyebrows since I was 10.  I'm Italian & French.  And unibrows really aren't attractive.  No matter what your parents may tell you when you are only 10.

{Last summer, when a wasp stung my lower lip as I painted the fence with my iPod on.  I almost fell down a hill trying to swat it off and get my earphones out, while simultaneously freaking out about what-the-heck was grabbing my lip.  I went to the ER, just in case.  And a crying girl stopped crying long enough to laugh at my fat face.  True story.  I live to make other people smile, what can I say?!  This is me.}

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...