:: Our Story ::

We try not to take life too seriously & are entertained by the little things, like treating our dog, Minnow, like a baby, laughing at our silly, sweet babies, basement foosball tournaments, and dance parties in the car. We are madly in love with each other and the wee family we are building. Come & stay awhile. xo

{ photography :: www.melissapagephotoart.com }

Sunday, February 6, 2011


 Day 1.  What does beauty mean to you?

My definition of beauty has changed over the years.  Years ago, I may have said something more superficial, aesthetically based, the idealized beauty of the world.  Now that I am *ahem* in my last 20's (I can say that for a few more months...), I see a deep beauty in sooo much.

I see beauty
:: in the milky breathe of a dreamy newborn.
:: in faith and Jesus and love.
:: in laughter over a glass of wine & a board game.
:: in the embrace of my love as we watch Judah on the night vision baby monitor (not as creepy as it sounds), laughing at his antics.
:: in the wisdom of my elders & stories of the past.
:: a dinner recipe that actually works.
:: discovering who we were made to be.
:: education and intelligence and thought.
:: watching babies grow and seeing life through their eyes.
:: in my family becoming grandparents, uncles, aunts and our friends becoming mothers and fathers.
:: when veggies and flowers survive my gardening skills, surprising me with their resilience.
:: in photos that capture the moment, to be savored and remembered and enjoyed.

 Beauty... is the shadow of God on the universe.  
~Gabriela Mistral, Desolacíon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...