:: Our Story ::

We try not to take life too seriously & are entertained by the little things, like treating our dog, Minnow, like a baby, laughing at our silly, sweet babies, basement foosball tournaments, and dance parties in the car. We are madly in love with each other and the wee family we are building. Come & stay awhile. xo

{ photography :: www.melissapagephotoart.com }

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Weeks 2 & 3


How old: 3 weeks
Total weight: Week 2: 6 pounds 3 ounces Week 3: I forgot to drop in & get him weighed.
Sleep: Up 2x a night still.
Best moments this week: 1) Going for our first walk to the beach without Daddy. I was a little frightened Judah would wake up, crying blocks from home, but we made it to the pier, to the coffee shop and home without incident. I felt like superwoman! 2) Two nights in a row, Judah slept for 5 1/2 hours! Praise the Lord! Jody and I both woke up numerous times that night to make sure he was still breathing. And I woke up once to breastfeed the down pillow. But Judah slept right through all of it. 3) Walking in on Jody reading the Baby Message Bible to Judah before leaving for work. Seeing your husband become a father touches me beyond words. 4) Judah smiling. They are bigger and more frequent everyday. Maybe its gas. But maybe its just pure happiness. That gummy little smiles just breaks my heart every time! 5) More visitors! Judah got to play with Kate & Lincoln for a day and meet his Uncles Noah & Elliott, Jay & Aunt Martina. And all the grandparents came for another visit. 6) A photoshoot with mommy! And Judah didn't even pee on any of the pillows he was being propped up on, thankfully, because I would have been in big trouble with Jody...
Sad moments: 1) [Disclaimer: I never said I knew what I was doing with this whole parenting thing & no babies were hurt in the following story.] While out for the walk in #1 above, I may or may not have have let go of the stroller to pet a dog... without putting the brake on. And a lady I was talking to may or may not have had to tell me, in a slight panic, that my stroller was rolling away. 2) Projectile spit up. Out at a friends' house. No spare clothes. Enough said. Maybe it was payback for #1.

1 comment:

  1. bahahahahahahah for sure it was payback for number 1, especially if it mostly got on you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...