:: Our Story ::

We try not to take life too seriously & are entertained by the little things, like treating our dog, Minnow, like a baby, laughing at our silly, sweet babies, basement foosball tournaments, and dance parties in the car. We are madly in love with each other and the wee family we are building. Come & stay awhile. xo

{ photography :: www.melissapagephotoart.com }

Monday, April 12, 2010

Week 1


How old: One week
Total weight: 5 pounds 9 ounces (up 3 ounces!)
Sleep: Up 2x a night. Generally around 2 or 3 a.m. and then around 6 a.m.
Best moments this week: 1) The faces Judah makes in his sleep. Someone told me they think its how babies learn to smile, frown, make the strangest pursed lips face. I doubt its a scientific theory, but watching those little faces is one of my favorite things about my baby! 2) Baby smell. YUM! 3) His first bath! Jody and I were a little hesitant because we thought he might freak out, but Judah just sat in that little bathtub & looked like someone relaxing' in a hot tub... all he was missing was a beer! *smile*. 4) Having so many visitors at the hospital & our house. We felt very loved! 5) Having a few days alone with Jody before he went back to work... He resisted doing any house projects and we just savored each moment with our new baby. This mainly involved staring at him. *smile* 6) Going to Judah's first movie. We braved a matinee at 4 p.m. on Easter Monday and saw Alice in Wonderland. Judah slept in the sling the whole time! He's a rockstar!
Sad moments: 1) My sore boobs. 2) When I caught myself rubbing my 'belly' in the grocery line-up the day I left the hospital. 3) When my friend, Christina's, adorable little girls poked my belly and asked when Judah's baby sister was coming. I'm giving myself a few weeks before dealing with that issue! 4) When I wake up multiple times a night to find myself breast feeding my pillow. Its bad enough being woken up by a real baby, never mind a down-filled one.



3 comments:

  1. hee, hee. breastfeeding the pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. breastfeeding the pillow....awesome!
    love it...still laughing

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL. Yup. Everynight since I've been home. No wonder I don't have enough milk for the real baby...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...