:: Our Story ::

We try not to take life too seriously & are entertained by the little things, like treating our dog, Minnow, like a baby, laughing at our silly, sweet babies, basement foosball tournaments, and dance parties in the car. We are madly in love with each other and the wee family we are building. Come & stay awhile. xo

{ photography :: www.melissapagephotoart.com }

Thursday, April 14, 2011

outside my window.... the ocean rolls and rocks... the sky is a beautiful blue... large tree gently sway... birds fly by, bringing the newness of spring.

i am thinking..... of a friend who is in the midst of heartbreak and marital confusion but so full of grace and faith... of friends' growing bellies and the wee ones within... that I wish teething wasn't so painful (for both of us).

i am thankful.....for a husband's encouragement and faith in my business ventures... for true friends... for my new 35mm lens... for a text from a friend full of excitement as Jody and I share our dreams with those around us.

in the kitchen... a new recipe sits as an experiment for dinner... tea cups litter the sink... budget jars litter the counter top... remnants of flax oatmeal sit.

i am wearing..... my hair piled carelessly, lounging pants and a purple t-shirt.  Not exactly stylish, but definitely comfortable!

i am creating.....a cream beenie for a photo shoot this weekend... a purple cowl for my island friend, who I miss terribly these days - her advice and her laughter... a felt pillow I saw on etsy but am refusing to buy.

i am going......to savor today.  I usually work Thursdays, but have today off because my boss is at a course.  Today, JJ and are heading off for coffee at the beach with one of my favorite people and her two girls, some play time at Strong Start, and then the pool with some beautiful mommas and their babies.  *sigh*  Oooh, I'm excited for today!


i am reading...... Replenishing the Earth by Wangari Maathai (founder of the Green Belt Movement & Nobel Peach Prize recipient in 2004).  So inspirational!  And The Home Experience by Devi Titus.  Helping me get organized & become the homemaker I truly desire to be but am clueless as how to achieve!

i am hoping....to plant a vegetable garden soon... to purchase my dream camera because the Canadian dollar is so good... to go away for my impending birthday...


i am hearing.....a baby's babbles... a snoring dog... Adele on itunes...

around the house.....chores are in desperate need of doing... Judah has pulled out all his books from the shelf... fresh flowers adorn the dining room table, speaking of spring...

one of my favourite things....popcorn made on the stove.  Ooooh, its so delish.  I'm been indulging in it often lately.  Mini eggs.  And Pierre Cardin cologne.  Have you smelt it before?  I have smelled it twice in the last two days on trips on London Drugs.  The first time, it rolled under the shelf and I actually got on the floor to fish it out.  I wanted to smell it that desperately.  It smells like my dad, a combination of Pierre Cardin and chlorets gum.

1 comment:

  1. Love this post! Miss you...Love your honesty & heart! Xo*S

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...