:: Our Story ::

We try not to take life too seriously & are entertained by the little things, like treating our dog, Minnow, like a baby, laughing at our silly, sweet babies, basement foosball tournaments, and dance parties in the car. We are madly in love with each other and the wee family we are building. Come & stay awhile. xo

{ photography :: www.melissapagephotoart.com }

Saturday, October 9, 2010

The other day, while taking advice from my lululemon water bottle, I decided to do one thing a day that scares me.  This only last a few days because, really, this advice isn't possible.  One thing a day?!  Everyday?!  Even inclusive of phobias, like "Go touch a giant nasty hairy spider" and death-defying stunts, like parachuting, you quickly run out of scary things to do everyday.  Especially while toting along your 6-month old.

But, recently, I did do one thing that scared me.  I posted an ad on gyos.com, the Sunshine Coast's local craigslist.  What did I post on there?!  Well, an ad for models.  So that I could practice taking pictures of them.  I know, sounds slightly creepy, right?!  Well, I didn't know what else to do.  Jody was getting sick of me snapping his picture every 5 minutes and Minnow never moves, so she isn't the most diverse subject to photograph.  In short, all this photography practice on strangers has cumulated to Red Fish Blue Fish - Photography by Melissa.  Come visit at redfishbluefishphotography.blogspot.com.  

Although I'm utterly terrified to begin this venture, I love the line from J.K. Rowling's Harvard Speech, 'The Fringe Benefits of Failure':

"... some failure in life is inevitable.  It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all - in which case, you fail by default."



If I don't try, I fail.  So I might as well try.  Plus, 'if he is for us, who can be against us?', right?!

5 comments:

  1. Good for you Melissa! Your pictures look great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos are beautiful Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job lady, you're amazing in every way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank all of you for the kind words! I'm really excited to be starting this. Like my main woman Joyce Meyers always says "Do it afraid". We're really tight. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on this new adventure Melissa!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...