:: Our Story ::

We try not to take life too seriously & are entertained by the little things, like treating our dog, Minnow, like a baby, laughing at our silly, sweet babies, basement foosball tournaments, and dance parties in the car. We are madly in love with each other and the wee family we are building. Come & stay awhile. xo

{ photography :: www.melissapagephotoart.com }

Thursday, October 7, 2010

:: 5 years ::

My Jody
(aka Jojo, Joey, Dody, Snookie-Woo)
 Five years ago today, I married my best friend and have not regretted a single moment.  Except maybe that one time that you snapped the toilet off the wall in your frustration and flooded the condo building.  And the old people were really mad at us.  And I thought your parents were going to kill us.  With their bare hands.  Even though they were too nice to say anything.  That one time, I briefly wondered if I made a mistake.  But then I just helped you cleaned up the water and found an emergency plumber.  And called your parents to ask if they have got insurance on the condo yet...  
My life is better because of you.  You make me smile.  You make me laugh, hard & often.  You sometimes make me mad.  And, in five year, you have only occasionally made me cry.  You have taught me the true meaning of unconditional love.  You have made me learn to trust, no longer afraid of my heart being crushed.  You have made my fairytale dreams come true, a life I never imagined possible.  You held my hand through so many hard times and always tried to find the right words, even when it was hard for you.
Some things I love about you are:
1.  You always know where everything is... my keys, my library books, my favorite shirt.  You always know.  I still lose things, but that number is drastically reduced because of you.

2.  You know how to fix things.  I really like this.  Because I'm clumsy and often break things.
3.  You are so supportive, ridiculously so.  I wanted to learn to play a musical instrument.  You asked your mom to pick up a keyboard for me from craigslist and listened, encouragingly, as I plunked "Tinkle Tinkle Little Star".  You'd compose songs for me and "jam" on my keyboard as I made dinner.  Then, a few months later, didn't say anything when I stopped practicing.  Because I couldn't get past nursery rhymes.
4.  Your gentleness.  You are one of the kindest, most tender-hearted men I've ever met.  But you are also really cheeky and funny, so the sweetness isn't annoyingly sappy.  You have never said the wrong thing to me, even when I complain about my thighs or jiggly baby belly.  You just encourage and support me and pretend I'm not trying to trick you into saying the wrong thing.
We have both changed, together.  We have learned a lot from each other and had adventures and laughed countless times.  I can't wait to see what the next five years have in store.  

My life is better because you are in it.  
I promise to be your wife and your best friend and your greatest fan until I take my last breathe.

Love
your wife

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...