:: Our Story ::

We try not to take life too seriously & are entertained by the little things, like treating our dog, Minnow, like a baby, laughing at our silly, sweet babies, basement foosball tournaments, and dance parties in the car. We are madly in love with each other and the wee family we are building. Come & stay awhile. xo

{ photography :: www.melissapagephotoart.com }

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

:: Vegas Road Trip ::

Christmas time is one of my favorite times of year. I absolutely love the lights, the festivities, the celebration with family & friends. Christmas 2009 was no exception. Some people may have got socks, new underwear, chocolate. Well, I got a sister. Technically, a half-sister. Who lives in Las Vegas.

Surprise!

She found my brothers & I through facebook. There were tears and confusion initially but I am so blessed to have her in my life. In some small way, her appearance wasn't total surprise and actually personifies the dysfunction that is my family. Although we had been chatting on facebook and emailing often over the last six months, a detour to Vegas during our Arizona trip was the first time meeting her in person. And, she's 4 1/2 months pregnant. Getting to share this special time, as we both journey into & navigate motherhood, is amazing.

Krystal is an amazing woman. She's beautiful, funny, warm. She has a cute American accent & knows where to shop in Vegas. We talked babies and boys, two of my favorite subjects! We talked about our dad and our upbringings. I always wanted a sister growing up and I'm thrilled to have finally met her. Who knew she was in another country waiting for me?!
Doing silly things you can't do with three brothers. Unless one of them is gay.
Judah getting Auntie cuddles.
A special "Thank You" to my hubby, who drove 4 1/2 hours each way without a moments hesitation or complaint. Who held me, gigantic and pregnant, as I sobbed when I first found out about Krystal's existence. Who found rental cars & booked hotel room as we organized our road trip. Who always checks for bedbugs and apologized for booking somewhere so sketchy ($40 / night sounded too good to be true). Who encouraged me that she would indeed like me when I cried again, sitting on his lap, the night before leaving for Vegas.
You are my everything.
My little man.
Who endured hours of driving and inhumane temperatures with smiles.
"It's these turnaround or these pivotal moments that introduce you to yourself... these small or these huge catastrophic events in your life - I do think that that's where you really meet yourself." - Sheryl Crow

3 comments:

  1. Don't know why I'm crying over this post, but heck why not!

    You and your sister do look alike - you're both stunning!

    So glad you got to meet her in person, how powerful! xo,*S

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a surprising turn of events for you when you found out you have a half sister - yet you've embraced the experience with grace and love. Enjoy this new relationship!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...