:: Our Story ::

We try not to take life too seriously & are entertained by the little things, like treating our dog, Minnow, like a baby, laughing at our silly, sweet babies, basement foosball tournaments, and dance parties in the car. We are madly in love with each other and the wee family we are building. Come & stay awhile. xo

{ photography :: www.melissapagephotoart.com }

Monday, July 19, 2010

:: Adventures in Arizona ::

We took a little jaunt down to Arizona from the 3rd til the 11th. My in-laws recently bought a vacation home there, unable to resist the amazing prices. It was a much needed break for Jody as he's been working 10 hours a day, 7 days a week for the last month. We filled our days with suntanning, swimming and lots of delicious food, most of which I didn't have to cook (holla)! It was definitely a treat having hands to hold Judah. I've never seen people so willing to change dirty diapers!

We were on the road very, very early! My father-in-law likes to make sure we aren't a moment late for the 2-hour preboarding check-in. Starbucks run anyone?!
Anxiously awaiting take-off. We were stuck on the runway for an extra hour while they did a "quick repair to the wing". Repairing a airplane while I'm on it makes me slightly anxious. I don't want to die.
Judah was a little rockstar & didn't cry at all the whole flight. I was prepared with Rapid Relief, Camilia, a variety of toys & books. And, in case of desperation, baby Tylenol. I don't endorse drugging your children to make travel easier, but, for fear of being "those parents", we brought the Tylenol.
Cuddles from Dodo & Nana.

Judah's mock bassinet.
He only slept there for about 20 minutes until I felt too bad and moved him into our king bed.
Taking part in a classic American tradition on July 4th. We collectively decided the best thing about baseball is the beer. Except for Jody, who's too much of a beer snob to drink American beer.
I don't want to know...
Me & my little dude.
There were lots of mini road trips to admire houses & shop, a surprise visit to Sedona, and the best pizza we've ever eaten. Wayne & Ellen, thank you for sharing our first vacation as a little family! We had a great time laughing, talking, and sharing our lives with you! Thank you for playing tour guide and indulging us with organic luxuries and not making me eat scary meat!
xo

2 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing...i love the first pic where Jody's lookin' rather tired...and the lady in the background is yawning her head off!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I laughed out loud at the beer comment. Glad you guys had a great trip!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...