:: Our Story ::

We try not to take life too seriously & are entertained by the little things, like treating our dog, Minnow, like a baby, laughing at our silly, sweet babies, basement foosball tournaments, and dance parties in the car. We are madly in love with each other and the wee family we are building. Come & stay awhile. xo

{ photography :: www.melissapagephotoart.com }

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

This past weekend my brother, Noah, and my mom, referred to as "Nona" (Italian for grandma), came for an overnight visit. My mom so kindly offered to take the night shift with Judah so I could sleep a whole night without any disturbances. This conversation took place the following morning:

Me: (Nursing Judah on the couch and realize something is wrong. It takes me a minute...) What happened to his hair?!

Nona: What's wrong with it?

Me: Its gone! Where's his hair?!

Nona: Oh, all babies lose their hair.

Me: But on the top! On the top of his head! His hair's all gone!

Nona: They lose it from rubbing it when they sleep... it happens to all babies.

Me: He doesn't rub his forhead or the top of his head in his sleep! He's bald - like a little old man! Mom look at it! (pause)

Me: Mom, did you rub his head all night?!? (realizing this is what happened) You rub him a bald spot!!!

Nona: (pause) Oooooh, maybe I did. (starts laughing)

Me: This is not funny! (laughing) He's bald!

So, my baby now has a bald spot. And, not in the back in some hidden, nondescript place. The top of his head is bald. He resembles a minature George Costanza. I can't help but obsessively stare at it a few times a day and pray for hair to start growing back.

Jody's not impressed.

The thought of posting a picture of his hair horrifies me. But, I know I can't hide it forever.
Note the resemblance...
So, Judah's newest accessory for any outing has become a hat. Both to keep his bald head warm & to deflect any questions about his strange hairline. And there have been questions. From strangers. My poor (bald) baby.

2 comments:

  1. bald...maybe?! but OH.SO.ADORABLE!! And Nona can't take THAT away!! Glad you finally bit the bullet and wrote this post...saves a lot of explanation later when ppl ask why you never post pics of baby!
    enjoy the sun today...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...