:: Our Story ::

We try not to take life too seriously & are entertained by the little things, like treating our dog, Minnow, like a baby, laughing at our silly, sweet babies, basement foosball tournaments, and dance parties in the car. We are madly in love with each other and the wee family we are building. Come & stay awhile. xo

{ photography :: www.melissapagephotoart.com }

Sunday, April 7, 2013

conversations with my little dude

oops - forgot to post this!  sorry of my life these days.

there is nothing quite as funny as conversations with my almost three-year old.  he is priceless.

the other morning, when he was running to the van (because i'm learned 2-year old boys rarely walk!), he fell and scraped the palm of his hand.

after the tears were dried and the hand was kissed numerous times, we started chatting as i backed out of the driveway.

j:  mommy, did you ever scrap your hand a-fore?

m: i sure did.

j: did you ever scrap your knee a-fore?

me: i sure did and i ripped a hole in my pants! (sadly, i was referring to an instance only a few years ago...)

j: {makes a shocked wide-open-mouthed expression... it was so sweet!}

the van is quiet for a few minutes.  he's pondering.

j: my hand is steamin'.

me: your hand is "steaming"?!

j: ya, it's steamin' real bad! 
(starts crying again)

me: do you mean stinging?!

j:  YA, it's steamin' REAL bad!

me:  try licking it! 
(i don't really know what to say to be helpful.  i thought licking it might help...!?)

licking his hand for a few minutes.

stops

j:  frogs got real long tongues.

m: really?! 
(the licking distraction worked.  score one for me!)

j:  i got a real little tongue.

me: oh, really?!

j: you got a real long tongue.  continues licking.

oooooh, man.  kid, you make me laugh and fill my life with little moments of joy.  thank you, little j, for being my boy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...