:: Our Story ::

We try not to take life too seriously & are entertained by the little things, like treating our dog, Minnow, like a baby, laughing at our silly, sweet babies, basement foosball tournaments, and dance parties in the car. We are madly in love with each other and the wee family we are building. Come & stay awhile. xo

{ photography :: www.melissapagephotoart.com }

Saturday, March 12, 2011

:: Baby Declan ::

On Monday, I had the incredible honor of watching the arrival of Jessica & Neil's second son, Declan.  Jessica was my maternity nurse when I gave birth to Judah, encouraging me through every minute, & it was a privilege to have a small role to play in her labor.  I don't even have words to fully describe the experience.  Witnessing another woman's courage, determination and raw strength during her labor was overwhelmingly beautiful and powerful.  Between contractions, Jess would smile and laugh, beaming as she kept saying "I get to meet my baby today!  I can't wait to meet my baby!!"  And what a beautiful baby he is!


Neil painted her toes.  What a guy! :)


Jess had a great support team throughout her labor.  
They all took turns encouraging her, getting cold clothes and fresh beverages, and putting pressure on her back to help ease the pain.  She was surrounded by so much love.  


A short moment of rest.


Declan's happy place. <3

Watching Jessica & Neil interact during the labor and in the moments after, the tenderness, the little touches and glances, it was obvious the love these two have for each other and their expanding family.  Thank you, J&N, for allowing me to witness something that I will never forget.  Congratulations on your 'juicy little dude'!  He is beautiful!  I can't wait to see him at Bellies n' Babies and to watch Aiden become a big brother!  xo*m  p.s. - I love his name!!

1 comment:

  1. how cool is that to be on the other end of a labour experience!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...