:: Our Story ::

We try not to take life too seriously & are entertained by the little things, like treating our dog, Minnow, like a baby, laughing at our silly, sweet babies, basement foosball tournaments, and dance parties in the car. We are madly in love with each other and the wee family we are building. Come & stay awhile. xo

{ photography :: www.melissapagephotoart.com }

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Ellen's 60th
{Posted late}

Very early one morning, Judah & I headed for the ferry to visit two very special ladies in our lives - my mom & MIL, whose birthdays are November 3rd & 4th.  Judah joined me in the front seat as we waited for our ferry to carry us to the mainland.  I sipped a steamy americano and fed him bits of banana bread.  He wore his very best, a little tie and vest, in honor of his Nana's 60th birthday and an afternoon of birthday surprises.  A serene, picturesque ferry ride delivered us to Judah's GG (great grandma) and Nana and we whisked them off to Tracy Cake's in Fort Langley for high tea.  It was the perfect afternoon and Judah was the perfect gentleman... until he dropped a silver platter off the table, where it then tumbled down an entire flight of stairs.  Inconspicuous we aren't.



Judah & his GG.  
Our family is so incredibly blessed to have four generations of Pages together.  GG is Jody's Nana.  And, well, my Nana too.  Ever since the first time I met her, she embraced me, teased me mercilessly, tried to feed me,  and loved me.  She has a wicked sense of humor and an infectious laugh.  I'll never forget the time, as newlyweds, that she sent Jody & I home from Thanksgiving dinner with a tupperware container of whipping cream... but no pie...  I told you she's a naughty one.
She means the world to Jody & I.  


We are SO blessed by my mother-in-law and that, although we don't live within a close distance, we see her and my father-in-law often.  Probably more often than they'd like, actually.  She is an amazing Nana, falling into the role as a first time grandparent effortlessly.  She spoils him at every opportunity, especially with love.  And sleepers.  Well, and toys.  Judah adores her and my father-in-law.

I wasn't raised having a close relationship with my grandparents, so knowing Judah has generations of love surrounding and supporting him mean so very much to me. 

Judah's in love.

.... More late birthday posts to follow....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...