:: Our Story ::

We try not to take life too seriously & are entertained by the little things, like treating our dog, Minnow, like a baby, laughing at our silly, sweet babies, basement foosball tournaments, and dance parties in the car. We are madly in love with each other and the wee family we are building. Come & stay awhile. xo

{ photography :: www.melissapagephotoart.com }

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

::A few of my favorite things::

In honor of my life as a mother, I am sharing some of the things I'm come to love over these past seven months.  Its funny how some of the things you thought you'd love are actually not as useful as you thought.  And some other things I thought I wouldn't really care about have become my favorite items.


1.  Live Clean (Baby) Non-Petroleum Jelly
I didn't realize that petroleum jelly is actually made from petroleum until Jody told me a few weeks after Judah was born.  Seriously, who makes baby products out of oil!?  And I thought it was just a name.  (And, no, I'm not naturally blond, just extremely naive.)  I rapidly switched to this product, made from 99% plant products, specifically Castor seed oil.  It works & feels just like Vaseline.  Love it.

2. Thymes Sweetleaf Baby Massage Oil
I received this as a gift right after Judah was born & will now forever associate Judah's childhood with this smell.  Infused with organic lavender, meadowfoam seed oil, chamomile and aloe vera, it just has the sweetest, softest smell. *sigh*  It reminds me of the first few weeks of Judah's life.


3. Ergo Carrier
I got this as a gift from my employers and it has been a lifesaver numerous times.  We have the infant insert, which we used for the first 3 1/2 months.  The carrier is incredibly comfortable, even now that my little man is a 19-pounder.  This carrier has travelled far and wide, to other countries, on mountain hikes and beach side walks.

4. Aden + Anais 100% Cotton Muslin Swaddle Wrap

These blankets have become Judah's lovie - his cuddle blanket at night and in the crib.  He holds it close to his face and curls up beside it at night.  Its a soft gauze-y blanket that is perfect for the hot summer days.  These aren't cheap (about $60 for four or $45 US for those Canadians who are willing to travel north of the border for steals & deals), but worth every penny.  


5. gDiapers
I thought I would be all over the clothe diaper train.  The first time I tried scraping sticky baby poop off a clothe diaper, I quickly changed my mind and lunged towards a package of Pampers.  Then I tried gDiapers... with the disposable insert.  They are all the convenience of a disposable with the eco-friendly, tree-hugging, earth-saving good feelings of a clothe diaper.  Because I've had too many public poop explosions with clothe diapers (resulting in a diaper bag leeching poopy smell) while at Starbucks on a coffee date, I only use these at home or for short outings.  But they make me feel a little bit better knowing I'm reducing my diaper impact on the landfill.  Plus, they are cute. ;)



2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...