:: Our Story ::

We try not to take life too seriously & are entertained by the little things, like treating our dog, Minnow, like a baby, laughing at our silly, sweet babies, basement foosball tournaments, and dance parties in the car. We are madly in love with each other and the wee family we are building. Come & stay awhile. xo

{ photography :: www.melissapagephotoart.com }

Monday, October 4, 2010


Over the last week, I've felt really beaten down.  There, I said it.  I don't often talk about these sorts of feelings - because I don't want to feed them or allow them to grow, because I don't want them to fester, because I don't want to admit it.  But over this last week, it was the "small" things in life, left ignored, that were making me weary.  And it took reading an article on www.wellgroundedlife.com to realize it.

"When something big happens, we tend to get more intentional about seeking out support, taking things off our plate that we can’t manage, and focusing our energy on getting through the issue.
But the little things. The daily stresses.  The eating poorly.  The slight headaches. The few extra pounds we add every month or so.  The anxiety at work.  The frustrations at home. The late nights and poor sleep. The feeling scattered and disorganized. The weeks that go by without meaningful connection with our spouses.  

The little things are our life.  

Each one individually doesn’t seem all that bad…but collectively they can overwhelm us and leave us feeling drained, stressed and incongruent with how we truly want to live life.  Too many imbalanced little things just suck the joy from us.  If you were to take stock of your life right now…How are all the little things?  And most importantly what one small thing could you do today to help alleviate it?

Our lives really are made up of small choices and moments.  We too easily overwhelm ourselves thinking we need to solve everything that is out of balance immediately.
What really works is taking this moment right now and doing one small thing to shift direction.
What’s your one small thing you’ll commit to today?"


She verbalized how I've felt this past week exactly.  So, today & this week, I'm doing the little things that will ultimately make a big impact.  Because it is the little things that can slowly tear you down.  I don't want to be on auto-pilot, just passing each day and surviving.  I want to live each moment with passion and purpose.  I want to live the life my Savior died to give me.  I'm going to put away those yucky feelings, focusing on my blessings.


Trust steadily in God, hope unswervingly, love extravagantly.  1 Cor. 13  






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...