:: Our Story ::

We try not to take life too seriously & are entertained by the little things, like treating our dog, Minnow, like a baby, laughing at our silly, sweet babies, basement foosball tournaments, and dance parties in the car. We are madly in love with each other and the wee family we are building. Come & stay awhile. xo

{ photography :: www.melissapagephotoart.com }

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Today is one of those days.  Actually, in all honesty, its been one of those weeks.  I'm not complaining (that's for you, Christina) but you all know what I mean.  My little man has decided that his new nightly sleep schedule will be waking up hourly.  That's one of those things about motherhood I never realized before... that just when you think you have it all figured out, things change and you realized you are SO very wrong.  Your little person has a mind of their own and even though they seem too small to outsmart you, they probably will.  Or at least they'll try.

So, right now, while my husband is watching the hockey game with a buddy at the pub, I am savoring a glass of wine.  I opened the bottle without Jody, which may have been a no-no.  Its Viognier from La Frenz winery in Penticton... we bought it last summer.  We did a wine tour right around the time we started trying for a baby.  And, luckily, I realized I was pregnant before we began drinking all the wine we bought.  

Jody and I decided early January 2009 that we were ready to start a family.  However, because I have a tendancy to have a controlling, type-A personality, I wanted the baby to born in the spring.  Specifically, in April.  So, in July we began trying.  Opening the bottle of wine tonight made me think of that time in our lives and how much has changed.  And, even with this sleep-deprived week, I wouldn't change a moment of this crazy life of ours.

This was the weekend we decided to become makers of little people.

Tonight I am blogging, blasting music, savoring wine, cleaning a kitchen, and baking up some yummy treats for my man, all while wearing a facial mask... which I should probably have wash off by now.
Sometimes, I love alone time.

Thank you for listening to my rant.  And, if you can get your hands on a bottle of this wine, do it!  Its delicious!

3 comments:

  1. what???!!! you'll leave the complaining TO ME??? or you're NOT complaining FOR ME?? either way...you're an incredible Muma for smiling thru this entire situation...a testimony for those who are privileged to hear your sharings...and something that will only make you stronger! That's NO complaining!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO, not let you do the complaining! That I won't complain because you won't let me. Or, I should say, Joyce wouldn't let me / us! Thank you for always being so encouraging! I love you, my friend! xoox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful "me" time night! Btw, I always get distracted and leave my mask on for too long. I wonder what your son would think if he saw you with a mask on...would he freak out?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...