:: Our Story ::

We try not to take life too seriously & are entertained by the little things, like treating our dog, Minnow, like a baby, laughing at our silly, sweet babies, basement foosball tournaments, and dance parties in the car. We are madly in love with each other and the wee family we are building. Come & stay awhile. xo

{ photography :: www.melissapagephotoart.com }

Thursday, July 29, 2010



A game we played with my girlfriend Courtney on her recent stagette/pub girls' night was to ask her fiance a series of questions about their relationship and courtship beforehand and then quiz her, comparing their responses. Seeing her reaction to his answers was hilarious, especially because he got them nearly all wrong!

Cleaning up last night, I can across my draft of questions and decided to pose them to Jody, just out of curiosity.

What did we do for our first date?
Our first date or the first time we met? The date was to the arcade in Metrotown and the first meeting was for coffee.
[He was covering all basis in order to answer correctly. Ha.
We were set up on a blind date, so we'd never actual met in person, just talked over the phone. I don't know which one I'd consider our first date either... Probably the arcade. Where I won mostly everything. Because I cheat. He brought me blue flowers (yuck!) and kissed me on the cheek afterwards. :) The pre-requisite coffee date was just to make sure we didn't repulse each other.]

If there is one thing of mine you could burn, what would it be?
All your scrap papers.
[I have a bad habit of ripping pages out of decorating and cooking magazine. I have the best of intentions, but don't actually use them very often. But I'm also not willing to part with them either.]

When did you know I was "The One"?
When you broke up with me.
Really? Why wouldn't you get back together with me then?!
Because I was scared.
[This answer caught me off guard; it was totally not what I expected. I broke up with him for a few months because he's a rascal. Then I realized I couldn't live without him. And he stopped being a rascal. Win win]

Who made the first move?
Me. Tenatively. In Elaine's driveway.
[I remember that moment very, very clearly. That's when I thought I might keep him around for a while longer...]

What is your favorite body part of mine?
(cheeky grin) Your boobs.
[Guys are so typical. Emmanuel said the exact same thing about Courtney!]

What did we do for our first anniversary?
My parents got us a gift certificate for Whistler and we went to the Hilton.
[I'm ashamed to admit it, but I had no idea the answer to this question! We ordered room service, wandered the village and ate some fabulous meals, including the most amazing stuffed french toast for breakfast!]

What is your favorite meal?
Pizza & beer.
[Obviously. They are staples in our house.]

(Image from Jamie Delaine. Check the girl out - she is amazing!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...