:: Our Story ::

We try not to take life too seriously & are entertained by the little things, like treating our dog, Minnow, like a baby, laughing at our silly, sweet babies, basement foosball tournaments, and dance parties in the car. We are madly in love with each other and the wee family we are building. Come & stay awhile. xo

{ photography :: www.melissapagephotoart.com }

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

In my adventures as a new stay-at-home mom, I'm attempted to expand my baking experience (without expanding my post-baby waistline any farther). Although I'd like to pretend I made this recipe for Jody, I was actually craving something deliciously bad for me. And, now that I've cut out chocolate, peanut butter was the next best thing. *smile*

I found this recipe in the Martha Stewart magazine and would definitely make it again.
The cupcakes are a.m.a.z.i.n.g!

Peanut Butter Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting
Yup, that's right. I'll say it again - Peanut Butter Frosting. YUM

The three mixtures.
Note: Its good to pre-read a recipe, so you don't have to transfer mixtures to bigger bowls because you've run out of room. FYI: I never remember to do this, as you can see from the flour bowl.

At this stage, it taste like the inside of a Purdy's Peanut Butter bar. Honestly, I'm surprised I had any left to bake with. I virtually licked the bowl clean.

It was declared a husband-approved recipe!

Um, yum!

This was one of the best cupcake recipe that I've ever tried. Luckily, Jody gobbled them down fast or I might have needed to drag out my maternity pants again.

Peanut Butter Cupcakes
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
1 1/3 cups sugar
2/3 cups natural, creamy peanut butter
3 large eggs
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 degree.
Line muffin tins.
Bake for 20 minutes.

Combine all dry ingredients.
Combine sour cream & vanilla (wet ingredients).
Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time.
Alternate dry ingredients and wet ingredients with the butter mixture, alternating.
Fill tins 2/3 full.

Peanut Butter Frosting
6 oz cream cheese
1/3 icing sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup creamy peanut butter (not natural)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup heavy cream

Beat cream cheese and icing sugar. Add salt, then p.b., then vanilla.
Whisk cream until soft peaks form and then fold into icing mixture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...