:: Our Story ::

We try not to take life too seriously & are entertained by the little things, like treating our dog, Minnow, like a baby, laughing at our silly, sweet babies, basement foosball tournaments, and dance parties in the car. We are madly in love with each other and the wee family we are building. Come & stay awhile. xo

{ photography :: www.melissapagephotoart.com }

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Dear Baby


Baby P @ Week 11

Last week, you gave me a little scare. I had become so used to your nightly (& often daily) baby dancing, when you stopped for a few days, I couldn't help but worry. I read my maternity book, which made it worse... I tried all of the little suggestions for making your baby move: gentle shaking my belly (Daddy hates this one, he thinks its another form of Shaken Baby Syndrome), drinking juice, going for a brisk walk. Nothing worked. You wouldn't wake up. On Monday, after a few days of anxiously waiting for you, I even resorted to getting an Americano... just to kick things up a notch. But not even that worked. No baby dancing.

Immediately after getting home from work on Monday, I hopped in the shower & off to the hospital we go, Daddy & me. I explained I might be over-reacting & irrational, but that I was worried. They immediately brought us in for a Non-Stress test to monitor your heart rate and movements. As soon as I heard your little heart beat fluttering away, I was calm & reassured. You were still in there.

After the machines were hooked up & everything was confirmed that you were ok, they monitored you for 45 minutes. After only a few minutes of relaxing, you started a dance party & we got to see the biggest movements from you we've ever seen! It was such a blessing to listen to your little heart beat away for so long! We watched Nanny 911 in the hospital room (which, hopefully, isn't a prelude of anything to come!) & were entertained by Cat, the maternity nurse.

The whole experience was so reassuring... that you are growing strong & health, that the staff at the hospital are lovely, that we are going to be ok.

We can't wait to meet you!

Love,

M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...