:: Our Story ::

We try not to take life too seriously & are entertained by the little things, like treating our dog, Minnow, like a baby, laughing at our silly, sweet babies, basement foosball tournaments, and dance parties in the car. We are madly in love with each other and the wee family we are building. Come & stay awhile. xo

{ photography :: www.melissapagephotoart.com }

Saturday, August 14, 2010


I simply adore this book.  We got it from some friends when Judah was born and the first time I read it, only a few weeks after he was born, I wanted to cry.  And I don't cry often.  That's how much I adore it.  Or it was the post-delivery hormones.  Whatever.
The message behind this book is what made me fall in love with it - you are wholly an original, designed completely unique.  The whole earth celebrates your presence and your creation.  You are a miracle and amaze the universe.  And your parents.
I get accused of spoiling Judah all the time (which of course is impossible), and mainly by Carys, who is only four and a half, so it doesn't count.  But I will continue to spoil him and give him these message - that he is great and loved and amazing - over and over, again and again, every day and every night.  I often felt inadequate growing up and my hope is that by infusing Judah with a strong belief in himself, he will never stop to wonder if he is smart enough or strong enough or just enough in general.  
At the same time, we'll teach him that everyone else is also amazing, even if they don't believe it of themselves.  This way Judah will never believe he's more great or more loved or more amazing than others.  But rather that he is the one and only ever you.  And that he celebrates this.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...